- Deborah Howard Biography (PDF)
- Beatrice's Biography (PDF)
- CAPS Brochure (PDF)
- Why You Shouldn't Buy that Puppy in the Window (PDF)
- Why You Shouldn't Buy that Puppy on the Internet (PDF)
- Deborah Howard (web-friendly pictures)
- Deborah Howard (fullsize, stock pictures for hardcopy, slow loading page)
- CAPS Logo
Models and CAPS Unite
- Visit the Kathy Bauck section for more information.
- CAPS Goes Viral with “CAPS vs Bauck, How a Small Nonprofit Brought Down a Large Puppy Mill”
- Bauck Photo Sheet (PDF)
- Kathy Bauck Videos
To raise awareness about the horrors of the pet shops and puppy mills, CAPS has generated stories with the following media: CNN, "Dateline," "20/20," "Hard Copy," Reader's Digest, Life, People, Detroit Free Press, The Philadelphia Inquirer (two front page articles) and numerous local television news stations and newspapers
CAPS worked for more than a year with Dateline to prepare "A Dog's Life," the in-depth report on pet shops and puppy mills that aired on April 26 and May 10 of 2000. This well-researched piece focused not only on Petland, the largest chain in the country, and the puppy mills that deal with Petland and other pet shops, but also on the American Kennel Club's and USDA's roles in this tragic problem. "A Dog's Life" won a Genesis award in the network newsmagazine category.
Public Relations Director