I finally have the chance to lie down on my favorite princess bed and tell my assistant what to type for my pawsome blog. Blindness won’t stop a celebrity like me from posting delicious recipes and offering my dear fans a glimpse of my glamorous life (and menu)! Mother and I have been obsessed with Rawmazing ever since the summer started (check out their website and you’ll understand why!). Last weekend, I had the incredible opportunity to help Mother clean up dishes after she made Rawmazing’s Raw Yam and Carrot Savory Pancakes. Since I haven’t posted anything new in a while, I’m going to be a great friend and share this treat. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to watch me cleaning up the bowl used to make this savory recipe!
▪ 2 tablespoons fresh ground golden flax
▪ 6 tablespoons water
▪ 4 cups grated yams, you can use sweet potato (approximately 1 large sweet potato)
▪ 2 cups grated carrot (approximately 3 large carrots)
▪ 3/4 cup scallions, sliced fine
▪ 1 cup hazelnut flour
▪ 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
▪ 1 tablespoon dried sage
▪ Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
1. Stir flax into water and set aside.
2. Place grated yams in large bowl filled with water. Let sit for an hour in the refrigerator.
3. Stir hazelnut flour (made by processing 1/2 cup hazelnuts in the food processor until well ground) into flax seed mixture.
4. Drain yams and combine with carrots and scallions.
5. Stir in flax seed-hazelnut mixture and herbs.
6. Form into patties that are about 5-inches across and about 3/4-inch high.
7. Dehydrate at 145 for an hour (don’t worry, they will still be raw. Click HERE for more information) then reduce the heat to 115 and dehydrate 6-8 hours more. You want them mostly dry with a little softness still in the centers. Serve with raw applesauce.
▪ 2 apples
▪ 1/2 lemon, juice from
1. Core and quarter apples. I leave the peel on, discard the cores.
2. Place quarters in food processor with lemon juice and process until well mashed.
Original recipe from Rawmazing