Mother recently posted a picture of a beautiful-looking tart on her social media accounts. She was trying out our new Instagram iPhone app and decided to take pictures of her most recent culinary masterpiece. I found out she got the recipe from one of the best raw recipe websites out there: Rawmazing (seriously, check it out!). I wasn’t able to taste this mouth-watering dessert (it has chocolate), but Mother swears by it and I believe her!
Note: Chocolate is toxic to cats and dogs, so this recipe is for human consumption ONLY.
1 cup almonds, soaked 6 hours, drained and peeled
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Process almonds in food processor until finely ground.
2. Add coconut oil and pulse until well combined.
3. Press mixture in the bottom of a 8-inch tart pan.
4. Place in refrigerator.
2 cups soaked cashews
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup cacao butter, melted
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 pints raspberries
1. Blend cashews, agave nectar, cacao butter, coconut oil and vanilla in food processor.
2. Process until very smooth. You can also use a Vitamix.
3. Spread a thin layer of the filling on the crust.
4. Place a layer of raspberries over the filling. Pack them tightly.
5. Pour the rest of the filling mixture over raspberries.
Top with layer of Chocolate Ganache:
1/2 C Cacao Powder
1/2 C Agave
1/4 C Coconut Butter*, softened
*Coconut Butter is not the same as coconut oil.
Original recipe: http://www.rawmazing.com/white-chocolate-dark-chocolate-raspberry-tart/