Mother is out of town and I’m really craving her cooking (and my bowl licking). Last week, she let us try (or lick) a couple of raw food dishes – warmer weather is perfect for healthier eating! Today, I’m posting one of her favorite recipes. Who can refuse delicious mushrooms and sweet potatoes? My mouth is watering just thinking about it (and the kitchen aromas)! I bet Oliver’s mouth would water too if he knew I was posting this!
Note: This recipe contains onions and garlic, so Mother only lets us lick during clean up, which is fine by me! Onions and garlic are toxic to cats and dogs.
Original recipe: http://www.rawmazing.com/raw-food-sweet-potato-mushroom-sliders/
▪ 1 large clove garlic
▪ 1 medium sweet potato
▪ 16 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
▪ 1/2 red onion, chopped (approx 1 cup)
▪ 1 cup pumpkin seeds ground into flour
▪ 1/4 cup nama shoyu
▪ 1 tablespoon dried sage
▪ 1 tablespoon rosemary (fresh, chopped fine)
▪ Cracked Pepper
▪ 1 Avocado
▪ 1 Tomato
1. With food processor running, drop in clove of garlic and let run until the clove is finely chopped.
2. Add peeled sweet potato that you have cut into larger chunks. Process until finely chopped. Remove mixture to bowl.
3. Chop (individually in food processor) the mushrooms, and onions. Place in bowl with sweet potato garlic mixture.
4. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
5. Drop in mounds on non-stick dehydrator sheet. Spread to 3″ circle.
6. Dehydrate at 145 for 1 hour, turn down heat and continue to dehydrate for another 3-4 hours, removing to mesh screens part way through. You want to make sure these are still moist! Do not dehydrate to dry. Serve with avocado, tomato and sprouts.
*Makes 30 “sliders”
For more incredible raw food recipes, visit Rawmazing.com! Beapproved!