A Legacy of Love.
Since our founding, individuals dedicated to our long-term success have set up planned gifts for our benefit. Some donors included us as a beneficiary of their will, retirement plan (401(k), 403(b), IRA, etc.), or life insurance policy, while others added to our endowment to continue their annual support in perpetuity. Each of these individuals believed in our mission and wanted to be sure we could continue to thrive and grow into the future. To encourage other supporters to join those special people, CAPS created the Beatrice Legacy Society. The Society is open to all individuals who have named us in their long-term plans or created an endowment for our benefit.
The Beatrice Legacy Society is named in honor of CAPS' spokesmodel, Beatrice (Bea) the Basset Hound. Bea is the canine star of our national advertising campaign, Models Against Pet Shops and Puppy Mills, and a puppy mill survivor. CAPS rescued the sassy social media celebrity when she was only four months old from a USDA-licensed puppy mill in South Dakota that bred Basset Hounds for the pet shop industry. Click here to read more about Beatrice and her amazing story.
Benefits of membership in the Beatrice Legacy Society:
- A thank you letter from CAPS President Deborah Howard and a welcome gift from CAPS.
- The opportunity to share your unique donor story with other animal lovers on the Meet Our Donors page.
- Invitations to CAPS' events in your area.
- A communications plan tailored to your needs.
- Recognition in the CAPS enewsletter, The CAPS Communicator, and in our Legacy Honor Roll displayed at all CAPS events.